Sunday, April 11, 2010

Is Patrick Bateman the Batman?


Recently, I have been noticing a strange similarity between Patrick Bateman of American Psycho fame, and Bruce Wayne, Gotham city's favorite billionaire playboy and supposed masked crime fighter.

The first indicator for me was the similarities between the names. Bateman is only a one letter difference from Batman. I mean, nice try, Mr. Wayne, but you're not fooling me. It only makes sense- eccentric, rich man goes insane and tries to murder several hookers, goes missing and now a new eccentric rich man arrives and is ready assert violent justice on the masses? Please Mr. Wayne, or should I call you MR. BATEMAN. I see through your ridiculous façade!

Using very technical imaging software, I have definitive proof that Bruce Wayne is, in fact, Patrick Bateman.

I know what you must be thinking, "How ridiculous! Patrick Bateman clearly murders for fun, but Batman doesn't murder at all! What a silly notion!" You would be correct in this assumption, but riddle me this: did Patrick Bateman really murder those people? Maybe creating this Bruce Wayne alter ego and beating up thugs is a way for him to act out his innermost fantasies. Maybe years of therapy helped him realize that harming innocent people is wrong and he must take out his insatiable lust for beating things out on bad people, but I digress. 2000 years does that to a man.

Is there any merit to these claims? Is my logic utterly faulty and pure nonsense? You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment